Our client, a progressive insurance broker, has an immediate opening for an Insurance Examiner with commercial lines or related experience to join their team.
Direct to Hire! This position is located downtown Manhattan, is employee friendly, full-time based on a 36.25-hour work week.
The ideal candidate will be processing incoming documents by reviewing for accuracy and stamping and performing technical and clerical duties to ensure smooth flow of work through the department. If you have experience handling claims and detailed paperwork, this would be an opportunity to learn commercial lines.
- Verify and analyze each incoming document for accuracy, completeness and acceptability.
- Determine correct coverage and classification codes.
- Verify company(ies) that are currently eligible for stamping in New York State.
- Identifies items requiring additional or corrected information.
- Communicates with brokers to obtain additional information, if appropriate.
- Corrects minor clerical errors on affidavits with broker consent.
- Identifies items which require return to the broker without stamping.
- Determines proper “suspense” code for each returned unstamped batch item.
- Stamps all documents that meet the requirements and NY laws for excess line placements.
- Files original affidavits in monthly folder for broker.
- Performs processing and stamping accurately and within production guidelines.
Hours are flexible: You can choose to work, Monday - Friday: 7:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m., 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., or 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Excellent benefits include medical, dental, short and long term disability insurance, 401k and paid time off.