Our parent company, a Technology Implementation and Application Development company, with specialized expertise and experience supporting Enterprise, Data, Wireless, Telecommunications, Government and Cloud Network Service Providers, has an immediate opening for a Field Technician to do Telecom Installations for Legacy POTS Replacement / POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) for businesses throughout the US due to substantial growth.
This temp to perm position is an excellent career opportunity due to the company's growth.
What skills will you need?
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 1-3 + years telecom installation experience, at least know the basics of cabling. Experience with Telecom Power, Rectifiers, Inverters and Batteries is preferred but not required.
- Ideal candidates will also have experience with wiring - punch down - wire wrap - cable running - stitching.
- Candidates will be performing additions and removals of common telecom equipment and hardware.
- Installers will be adding and removing cable and connections on non-working equipment without supervision.
- In addition, installers will be trained on leading both verification testing and continuity testing as well as be able to analyze, mark, correct, and resolve specifications as well as problems with drawings.
- You will also provide technical support on-site or by phone. Excellent career growth to Lead Installer or other related departments.
What We Require of You:
- Strong work ethic and excellent customer service skills.
- Requires travel to clients' throughout the U.S. May require an overnight stay.
- Must have reliable transportation and ability to occasionally travel to sites in the NY tri-state area, including PA.
- Hands-on experience with the business installations relative to replace Plain Old Telephony Services and equipment.
- Requires experience installing VoIP plugging into UPS backup battery.
- Experience testing connectivity of voice and internet data units as well as their corresponding power supplies.
- Requires a candidate who is professional at the client site and has good communication and client service skills.
- LTE Router installation, including location determination
- Commercial Business Voice Installations
- Commercial Survey of wiring path including roof penetration
- VoIP signaling and communication protocols
- CAT3 & CAT5/6 cabling
- Voice Demarc wiring (66/110 blocks etc.)
- Receives and accounts for equipment/material necessary to do the projects.
- Performs basic installation tasks such as mounting of equipment, cable rack plus fiber protection systems, and running cable.
- Maintains Customer Quality Standards
- Adheres to Customer Safety Policy and Customer Security Procedures
- Professional in appearance and performance
- Knowledge of basic hand tools
- Ability to climb ladders and work in communication room or centers
- Ability may be required to lift heavy tools, materials, and supplier
- Knowledge of Customer Installation Standards and Documentation
- Basic knowledge of computer skills
- MUST have reliable transportation
Tool Usage & Experience:
- Telephony Butt set
Travel: The Field Technician will be travelling to client sites in the tri state +PA area for possible surveys, installs or follow up visits to customer sites.